Snugburys takes privacy seriously.
This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about you, how this information is used, the conditions under which it may be disclosed to others and how it is kept secure.
This policy is subject to change so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes.
We last updated this policy on 21/07/2021.
Who we are
Snugburys Ice Cream Limited. Our website address is: https://snugburys.co.uk. Our registered address is: Park Farm, Hurleston, Nantwich, Cheshire, CW5 6BU. Company registration number: 04579216. We are a data controller in relation to the processing activities outlined below.
How we collect your personal information
When you use our website, our products or services, interact with us online, or by phone, email or otherwise, the categories of information that we collect about you are as follows:
Personal information you give to us:
This is information about you that you give to us by entering information via:
our website (i.e. www.snugburys.co.uk)
our social media accounts, e.g. via Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or Pinterest
corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise,
and is provided entirely voluntarily.
This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website; subscribing to the services we provide through our website; purchasing or requesting products or services; creating, using and managing an online account with us and engaging in correspondence with us by phone, email or otherwise. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website.
The basic personal information we may ask for, or you may choose to give us, includes your name, your address, email address and phone number. We may retain details of any enquiry you make to us and records of any correspondence with us.
We will seek to minimise the information we ask for to that which is needed to perform the relevant function or service at the time.
Personal information we collect about you:
We automatically collect the following information when you interact with us: e.g. details of transactions you carry out through the website, and your visits to our website, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, and other communication data, and the resources you access.
If you upload images to the website or social media channels, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website or social media channels.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our shop pages, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you register, we will also set up several cookies to save your information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Personalise our site to you to help you get what you need faster
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
Our suppliers and service providers
We may disclose your information to our third party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other organisations for the purposes of providing services to us or directly to you on our behalf.
Such third parties may include cloud service providers; hosting, email and content providers; marketing agencies and administrative services providers.
When we use third party service providers, we only disclose to them any personal information that is necessary for them to provide their service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it other than in accordance with our specific instructions.
How long we retain your data
We keep personal information for as long as necessary to ensure we can deliver our services. We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
How we use your personal information
The purposes for which we use your information and the legal basis under data protection laws on which we rely to do this are explained below.
Where there is a LEGITIMATE INTEREST
We may use and process your personal information where it is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests as a business, or those of a third party, for the following purposes:
- to verify the accuracy of data that we hold about you;
- to correspond or communicate with you about our activities;
- to conduct research and to compile management information;
- for the management of queries, complaints, or claims;
To carry out marketing
for marketing and advertising activities (other than where we rely on your consent to contact you by email or text with information about our products and services or share your details with third parties to do the same, as explained below);
for analysis to inform our marketing strategy, and to enhance and personalise your customer experience when you buy products and services from us (including to improve the recommendations we make to you on our website);
To fulfil online delivery and security
- to ensure that our online content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our website, when you choose to do so;
- for network and information security in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss or damage, theft or unauthorised access;
- for prevention of fraud and other criminal activities;
- for the establishment and defence of our legal rights.
- to assess and process applications from job applicants and to monitor our recruitment
Where there is a LEGAL REQUIREMENT
We will use your personal information to comply with our legal obligations: (i) to assist any public authority or criminal investigation body as required; (ii) to identify you when you contact us; (iii) to verify the accuracy of data we hold about you; and/or (iv) to help us comply with equalities legislation in our recruitment practices; and/or (v) to comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights.
Where it is required to complete or perform a CONTRACT with you
We may use and process your personal information where we have supplied you (or continue to supply you) with any products or services. We will use this information in connection with the contract for the supply of products or services when it is needed to carry out that contract with you.
Where you have provided CONSENT
We may use and process your personal information where you have consented for us to do so for the following purposes:
- if you: (i) register for an account with us online (including a My Law Society account or one of our related sites); (ii) sign up to one of our newsletters via our website or other medium where available; or (iii) refresh your marketing preferences when responding to a request from us to do so;
- for marketing activities, in order to contact you by email or text with marketing information about our products and services, including member benefits provided by others (except where we may rely on Legitimate Interests as described above); or to share your details with our recommended third party partners for them to do the same. Please see the Marketing section (section 11) below in this policy.
You may withdraw your consent for us to use your information in any of these ways at any time.
Changes to this policy
We may review this policy from time to time and any changes will be notified to you by posting an updated version on our website. We recommend you regularly check for changes and review this policy whenever you visit our website. If you do not agree with any aspect of the updated policy you must immediately notify us and cease using our services.
Please direct any queries about this policy or about the way we process your personal information to:
Snugburys Ice Cream. Park Farm, Hurleston, Nantwich, Cheshire, CW5 6BU
Our email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would prefer to speak to us by phone, please call us on: 01270 624830